This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you make contact with us or use this web site.
We’ll tell you:
- who controls your personal information when we receive it
- why we are permitted to process your information
- what purpose we are processing it for
- whether you have to provide it to us
- how long we store it for
- whether there are other recipients of your personal information
- whether we intend to transfer it to another country, and
- whether we do automated decision-making or profiling
Who are we?
We are the committee of the Guildford Music Society at GURC (The Society) is a society whose object is "to promote, improve, develop and maintain public education in and appreciation of the art and science of music in all its aspects by the presentation of public concerts and recitals and by such other ways as the Society through its Committee shall determine from time to time." The Society was formed within the Guildford United Reformed Church (GURC) in 1992.
1. Personal data
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (PECR).
2. Data Controller
Some of the data processing undertaken by the committee members of the Society is required by legal obligations on the eldership of Guildford United Reformed Church. In particular the Society's accounts are included in the Church's final accounts and the any gift aid declarations are managed by the Church. The controller for this processing is the eldership of the Church as required by the DPA section 6 subsection (2). A committee member undertaking such duties must observe any instructions from the elders of the Church
The committee members (we, us, our) of Guildford Music Society at GURC is the Data Controller (contact details in section 9 below) for personal data on this web site, in our contracts and in our mailing lists. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
We comply with our obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use personal data for the following additional purposes not covered by the main GURC Privacy Notice: -
- to manage contracts for performers;
- to maintain our contact lists for publicity distribution.
We use two Data Processors. That means organisations which process data for us as instructed by us. We use their GDPR-compliant data processing agreements with their associated EU model contracts which guarantee that they will keep data properly protected. Both are US-based companies.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as stated in the object of our Society; or
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract; or
- Explicit consent of the data subject has been given.
5. Sharing personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be used only for the purpose for which it was obtained. It will not be shared with third parties outside the Church or others within the Church except where it is needed for legally required activities such as preparing accounts.
6. How long do we keep data?
We retain data on the following basis:
Below is a list of record types and the retention period (with reason) for each:
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you (a Subject Access Request or ‘SAR’);
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Note: This information is similar to that in the GURC Privacy Notice
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
Note: This information is identical to that in the GURC Privacy Notice
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Guildford Music Society at GURC
Date: May 2018
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself to us.
This site does store cookies on your computer. See Cookies.